Monday, November 23, 2015

Appollonia - Dull Parade (Album Review)

Formed in 2005 in Bordeaux / Biarrit France,Appollonia have been steadily producing albums ever since. Dull parade is the bands 4th release. It’s a 9 track album and the album’s length is around 40.28 minutes. The album was released in 20/10/2014. 
The set list of the album as per the track number is as below.
1.      On a bed of Sulfur
2.      Strange Blooms
3.      Lights Out Knives Out
4.      Ammunitions Please
5.      Everest
6.      Elizaberri
7.      To Study Lips
8.      Anelace
9.      Welsh Rarebit

The album is produced by Franck Hueso and so far in my view, it is the bands bands best release. Some of my favorite tracks from On a bed if Sulfur, Dull Parade are, Lights Out Knives Out, Elizaberri, Everest and Strange Blooms. Infact, I felt that the band has tried to created Dull Parade as a story line and in some parts I even felt that they are successful in executing it. If I am asked about the best sonsg from the album, it’s definitely Lights Out Knives out and On a bed of Sulfur (man this track have some massive startup for an album).

The thing that I like about this band is their consistency in release and with each release the band is getting better and better. Going through this album couple of times, some bands stuck in my mind especially Mastodon, Deftones and Sound Garden stuck on my head while flowing with the album. The other key part of this album is that, the band has organized the song in a perfect way and matches with the album name.

Strong points of the album.
·         Successfully created a storyline, infact a powerful startup with On a Bed of Sulfur
·         Original and Versatile
·         Has the ability to capture a mood and trust me it’s not a once give a listen album.

Some of the track may feel a bit depressing as per the name of the album with high level of energy in the initial stage and gets gloomier as it proceeds which can be felt in the some tracks, in short lived up with the album name.

Now based on what I felt I will like to rate the album 7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment