Friday, May 2, 2014

Talk with Saurav from Bidroha Thrash Metal Band from Nepal

I guess i dont have to talk much about BIDROHA . They are Nepalese thrash Metal Giants. I had a short talk with Saurav their fronman . Here you go their page

Before we begin we will to congratulate the entire BIDROHA crew for the 4th anniversary, which was in March
Thanks man!!

2010 until now how has this journey of 4 years been?
Well, journey has been exciting with lots of ups and down. We have launched 3 singles and a recently a debut album!! Doing local gigs, outside valley gigs and also international tours in India and Hong Kong with main headliner!! Band got such fame in such short period is a good thing that makes us believe that struggling and hard work pays off really!!

Personally i have been watching BIDROHA from a way lot of time and personally know you Saurav back from the early days of our childhood. It really feels good to see that many kids nowadays take you and BIDROHA as a source of inspiration and even saw some kids start a band taking BIDROHA as a source of inspiration.
Ah, dream from childhood and making dream of being what I want to be made me today. Still dream continues. Really, People take me and Bidroha as source of inspiration? Man, that’s honorable. Respect to those people from my heart who made us as their inspiration. That’s really... No words!!!

Being bit personal dai during our school days you never let us knew you played bass in ARACHNIDS. It was in a gig probably by PMA then i came to know about it. 2004 until now how has your personal journey been?
I joined Arachnids right after my 11 board as a replaced bassist and that was probably on 2063 B.S (2006 A.D) I guess!! Well I never wanted to tell that "hey, I am bassist of Arachnids" instead I wanted people know by themselves. I don’t want myself to be called Stardom. People should acknowledge me for what I do, not for what I go and tell them about what I do. Well personal journey is awesome and experienced. I am very thankful to the Arachnids family who gave me a chance to come in Underground scene in Nepal. With their guidance when i was in Arachnids i learned many things and came to know many people in the scene. With Bidroha, I got chance to try different things like I did my vocal on the KEC competition for the 1st time in my life without any practice. I still remember that day haha!! I was fucking nervous. Getting all those things together, I feel really blessed by the music I deliver with my all band!!

After Arachnids was disband in mid 2008 or so you switch from bass to leads as well as genre from Death to thrash. Dai can tell us how BIDROHA was formed.
First of all, I was am and will be guitarist. You know in school, we had lots of guitarist and if in forming a band, there would be more than one good guitarist then the other one was left to be Bassist so I used to play bass as my level for guitar was still not enough. So, I knew how to play bass too. And my friend has his brother Eros on Arachnids and where Arachnids use to jam up, I used to go with my friend there and practice with my friends. There, Eros dai had saw me playing guitar and luckily he needed a replacement for the bassist. So he asked me to play bass and I was happy to be the part of the band and I played. Well my dream is being a guitarist, so after Arachnids was inactive due to members who flew to aboard, I got my chance to form a band I used to dream of. As Zantu was my friend and together we played in Kafan band, I ask him to play on the band I was about to form. As he agreed to play, in search of drummer was complete with the help of the Social media Facebook where once I saw his photo playing drums in my Friend's photo. There we commented and we added each other and ask him to join the band. He was not so confident about his playing to reach my expectation and ask me to take his audition. We called him for audition but we didn’t take his audition and whatever his level was, I saw his playing and passion to play, so I encouraged him to be the part of the band. He joined with low confident but built his level of confident and playing quickly after some practice. And my friend Saugat was the bassist whom we appointed but due to his studies he left and Bishal joined us who was Zantu’s friend from his office. Bishal had been playing in Rock band. Firstly, Bidroha was named Kayakairan suggested by my Facebook friend Priyanka Rai which means revolution but as suggested by my Female friend Sambridhi Deoja from school as Birudhha , I modified the name and changed it to Bidroha because many people had difficulty in pronouncing it properly. This way band was formed!!

Yeah dai i remember the days of Galaxy infact our school gave us some platform through some annual stuffs. Many guys from our school are the respected names in the scene today. By the way dai your hand was fractured how is your hand now.
Ya that’s true. Esp our batch was full of music lovers and many of them are engaged with music presently too. I can see my many school friends like Rohit K.C, Khusbu Rai, Riwaj Bhattarai, Anuj Maskey, Sanjan K.C etc who were engaged in the underground scene in Nepal. My hand is fine now but not fully recovered. Still have some pain left.

Yeah dai but from our batch 1 of them (Ricky) is a sound engineer based in U.S. We wish for a quick recovery and personally expecting to see you live soon .Recently,a few months back you guys toured Hong kong can you tell us how was the tour?
Ahh. Well, talking about the experience, it was awesome probably our one of the most memorable tour ever. We had two shows, 26 and 28 January, 1st show which was in Backstage was good though we were drunk and were carried away with it but the show was good. 2nd gig was in Yak and Yeti Restaurant totally out of scene as it was only jamming things with non metal heads more, we played 2 rock songs and jammed through it. We are thankful to those Audience who came to support us taking out there time from their busy schedule. And one thing was sure, even though many of them were not metal heads; they really supported us from their hearts. Yeah and not to forget, I went to hiking with the NRNHK who brought us in Hong Kong after my band mates left for Nepal, I was overwhelmed with their support by buying our T-shirts and Cds.

You even gave us surprise of this gig though haha. Well coming to the album SUFFER TILL DEATH the entire album was a killer i was even there couple of time during the recording session witnessing the recording and as well as hearing the mastered track must say awesome production by you guys as well as DAVIN. 7 months of hard work sure did paid out..
Ya, actually the gig were schedule to September but our album was not mastered yet so it was postponed to January and we missed many gigs that time due to the album launch. You can see in the album our whole hard work. Got awesome response from every listener who grabbed the album. Hard work paid off. We learnt experienced, changed some riffs etc and thanks to Davin who made this album more valuable by giving his full effort to this Album through recording.

Yep i know because i too have seen it during the production process. By the way i really like the lyrics of Bidroha it reflects what’s really happening esp SAMAJ KO KAIDI. It’s my favorite from the album. Well coming to the band Bishal left the band as he moved to Australia is the band heading towards hibernation or there will be a new lineup. As even Aakash from Nude terror was there in HONGKONG tour?
Bidroha is not only name, it's the word retaliation and you can see through our lyrics and music about what the band is really about and especially what I really feel. So, mostly I wrote the lyrics and Samaj ko kaidi is one of them. I still remember when I wrote Samaj ko Kaidi. It may reflect some people's life but I wrote it for the Third person so called Chakka/Hijada from us who were bounded in this fucking society. It was Tihar that time and I was changing channel in TV and caught my eyes on "Pahichan (Identity)" TV serial from NTV. There, third people who was celebrating Deusi Vailo with their own kinds of family in specific place. And in between they were interviewed and everyone had that suffering, pain, frustration about how there were bounded in the lines of society and even kicked out from it and form their families and friends. They were asking us the normal ones to accept them as the part of the society. They are also human. They have their life. We should accept them in every society; they are no harm to us. It’s the society which is leading them to live filthy life here. The feelings from their words they delivered made me imagine if I was one of them, and I had Goosebumps. Fuck it really sucks man. I really felt the injustice to them and took a shit of paper and pen, then started to write how will I feel if I was one of them and how they had and have been feeling through out their life. So I wrote it whatever i could write and deliver through it, Samaj ko Kaidi is all dedicated to those people out there.

       Band is inactive right now but doesn’t mean that band is no more. Yes, we will be back with new members. Akash had helped us in our tour in Hong Kong as Amar had his examination so he couldnt make it. Akash is one badass drummer. Really he amazed us how quickly he leveled his drumming with us. Hats off to him.

Yeah for sure he is. Saurav how did your journey in metal music started. I mean who influenced you?
Metal journey all started from my school life. Thanks to my friends who exchanged cds of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura, Pantera. With that cds I listened to them and was mostly influenced by band Megadeth and Sepultura. Their music and lyrics really meant what was going on.

Yeah. By the way saurav what are you listening nowadays?
I listen according to my mood. I don't have specific genre to listen. All depends on my mood and my playlist which is mixture of Thrash, Blues, Rock.

I almost forgot to ask about the split of Bidroha with the Argentine thrash Insignia . Can you say us something about it. In our past talk with Julio he had talked about it. How was the respond? We will like to know your view about it?
I met Julio in Fb group and we exchanged and talked about our both music. He gave us the proposal to do split with them as they were Heavy metal and we were Thrash. As members from both bands liked each other music and was impressed with one another. Thus, we accepted the proposal and split happened. Split art was all done by his friend. I just mailed him what he needed in split. Response was unbelievable. Everyone appreciated the split album as we did with aboard band from Argentina. Correct me if I am wrong, I guess it is the 1st International Split Album from Underground Nepal. The band Insignia is one of the good bands I heard from Argentina. Split contained 3 singles from each.

We have worked with them on our previous project and they sure are a good band. Saurav how was Bidroha’s experience with the 2 Death Metal giants NERVECELL and DECAPITATED during NEPFEST?
Frankly speaking, we had to show what we were because we were really screwed up being guest band in Nepfest band competition. We were criticized about how we screwed and believe me, shit happens with pressure of Hungry Dogs Barking for the Bones so called Cops our Ultimate Show Stopper coming to stop the show before the given time by them and with playing with only less than 40% of sound given by them, things go wrong. Nepfest September with giants Nervecell and Decapitated, we really shut the ones who were fucking busy with pulling legs previously. We had a good fucking smile to those shit of people after that gig. Unfortunately we didn’t get chance to meet Nervecell and Decapitated but I had witnessed them and they were fucking amazing. I liked Nervecell more than Decapitated.

Well for sure unfortunately i missed that gig. So Saurav we are almost at the end. Any message to the fans, along with that lastly as a space for you to ask if we SNRMB crew have forgotten to ask?
First of all, thanks to SNRMB for having me on the board. Keep doing the good shit. Thanks to all the viewer, fans, supporters, well wisher, family, friends who supported us from the beginning. Keep us supporting on what we do. Support doesn’t mean what we do, you should like us. You can give us your views and comment, criticize both in negative and positive part so that we could improve more in future. Thanks to all the people who bought our cds and tshirt. It really meant allot to us. We have given our best of everything to this album. The people who haven’t still heard our new album "SUFFER TILL DEATH", you can listen to bidroha.bandcamp.com. For more updates, you can check us at www.facebook.com/bidroha as well as you can stream us at www.bidroha.bandcamp.com Keep Thrashing Thrashers!!! Hope you all will  SUFFER TILL DEATH. \,,/(-.-)\,,/

Thank you Saurav..



2 comments: